[WEB4LIB] of mouse balls and geocities

Debra Lords dlords at library.utah.edu
Mon Dec 27 09:39:31 EST 1999

My favorite comes from our campus e-mail service for which the
help desk is maintained in the library.

A student came in angry, demanding satisfaction.  She insisted
she was being discriminated against with her e-mail account.
Explaining the problem to the befuddled help desk assistant, she
said she had an unreasonably long @ name to type in.  The
assistant attempted to explain that
@[machineName].[domain].utah.edu is the standard pattern for all
university addresses.

"Well then," she demanded to know, "why did you give my friends
short ones like @aol.com?"

--

Debbie

Debra Lords			Experience is what you