of mouse balls and geocities

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Sun Dec 26 15:56:34 EST 1999

A forthcoming column for AL is evolving from a discussion about bad patrons
to a more meandering (and hopefully funnier) treatise on conundra in online
patron behavior... such as the patron who opens two dozen windows in
Netscape, tries to edit a Geocities website and then insists that the
computer is "broken..." or people who steal mouse balls (why?).  I'm also
throwing in anecdotes of patron "emergencies" that turned out to be trivial
(and in retrospect, at least, funny).  if you have input... drop me a line!

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Assistant Director of Technology
Shenendehowa Public Library, Clifton Park, NY
http://www.shenpublib.org