Publishers and Web 'Reprints'

Chiara Fox fox at rowland.org
Mon Dec 27 08:58:49 EST 1999

Hello Everyone-

I work at a small scientific research library.  Many of our
scientists want to have PDF versions of their papers on their lab's
Web page.  Unfortuntaly, as everyone knows, each publisher has a
different "Web reprint" policy.   We want to make sure that no one
violates the copyright permission of a publisher by hosting a PDF
when they shouldn't.

We are looking into making a Web page that lists the policies of the
publishers our scientists use most.  I'm envisioning a page that
lists the publisher (ie: ACS), generally what they allow (Can post
title, abstract, tables and figures), and a link to the publisher's
Web page for more detailed information, when available.

I have two main questions for the list:  Has anyone else done this,
and if so, can I have a look?  I don't really want to reinvent the
wheel.  Second, should I post the URL of the page to the list once
I've created the page?  Is this something people are interested in?

Thanks for you help and I hope you are enjoying the holidays!

-Chiara Fox
_____
Technical Services Librarian
The Rowland Institute for Science