[WEB4LIB] Uploading graphics

dAVe burlingame davidb at spl.org
Tue Dec 21 13:34:41 EST 1999

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Cathy Cox wrote:

:For some reason, I can't get the images to display.  I have two graphics
:which I've optimized down to around 35-40K each, and they display nicely in
:my editor.  But when I upload the finished page to our server, all I can
:see are the ALT descriptions. . . no images.

first guess...could your ftp program be transferring the images, but
forcing a lower-case name? is "Rendering" showing up as "rendering?"
it's for that very reason we never use caps for file names; makes for
confusion in the long run.

i'm sure, if this is indeed the case, your ftp program will have an option
to deselect (or select) "convert files to lower case."

hope this helps.

dAVe