Uploading graphics

Cathy Cox cathy_cox at wvmccd.cc.ca.us
Tue Dec 21 13:25:13 EST 1999

Our library website has been, till now, deliberately designed with minimal
graphics.  However, we're building a new library and I want to include a
page with scans of the artist's renderings - separate page so that people
don't have to load them if they don't want to.

For some reason, I can't get the images to display.  I have two graphics
which I've optimized down to around 35-40K each, and they display nicely in
my editor.  But when I upload the finished page to our server, all I can
see are the ALT descriptions. . . no images.
I'm working with Visual Page 2.0, and uploading via FTP Voyager 6.2.0.  The
graphics files look like they're uploading correctly; the links look ok in
the source; and I have the feeling that I'm missing something really
basic.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The problem page is at http://www.wvmccd.cc.ca.us/mc/lib/LibImage.html, for
anyone who wants to take a look.

Catherine Cox
Electronic Resources Librarian