Multimedia Workstations / WebPACs

Gerry Mckiernan GMCKIERN at gwgate.lib.iastate.edu
Sat Aug 7 17:41:55 EDT 1999

         _Multimedia Workstations /  WebPACs_

   I am greatly interested in learning about the current state-of-installation of Multimedia Workstations / Multimedia OPACs in academic and research libraries that allow users to fully utilize
the adjunct auditory, visual, and interactive components that are now commonplace on many Web sites and which are quickly
becoming part of electronic publications.

   It is my uninformed belief [:->] that most academic and research libraries have yet to **integrate**Multimedia Workstations / Multimedia WebPACs within their general Reference arenas and/or online catalog sites but instead locate these in dedicated Media spaces, or at best, in special application rooms.

   I am aware of a few exceptions from  ERIC and Library Literature  search and am interested not only in current installations but those that may be on the Drawing Board.

  As Always, Any and All contributions, comments, queries, questions, critiques, etc. etc. are Most Welcome.

  Regards,

/Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
Iowa State University