[WEB4LIB] Re: Data Recovery

his at virtuallibrarian.com his at virtuallibrarian.com
Sun Aug 8 10:42:26 EDT 1999

Angela.

Contact Bill Oakes (aka Data Sleuths) at datasleuths at virtuallibrarian.com

Tell Bill that I sent you.  He is a data recovery expert in the Washington
area, but he has some excellent contacts on the West coast.

You can try to recover your own data, however I've seen in several cases
where the user does more damage to the drive then good.  It is HIGHLY
UNLIKELY	that you have completely lost your data in the eyes of a data
recovery expert.   My favorite recovery package is Tiramasu, but it will be
cheaper for you to send your drive out and recovered then it is to spend
the $200 for the software.

You can also try going through the Bay Area Chapter of the High Tech Crime
Investigation Association.
http://www.ci.walnut-creek.ca.us/wcpd/htcia.html  They will have a list of
names and companies you can contact for assistance.  If you need further
assistance please contact me directly.  I'm a member of the Northeastern
HTCIA here in NY.

Cynthia Hetherington
Senior Technology Librarian
Englewood, NJ