[WEB4LIB] Re: ALA on Children's Internet Access

Shane Cathcart cathcart.shane at plain.sa.gov.au
Tue Apr 6 01:54:43 EDT 1999

Andrew,
An interesting solution, but aside from the philosophical arguments of whether
to filter or not to filter, there would seem to be the very practical problem
that filtering is simply not 100% effective. So, if you filter the internet
access in your Library and a child does access something "objectionable", are
you liable having implied to the parents that their child is "safe" from such
exposure because you filter? Do you have a backup disclaimer?
Shane Cathcart