No subject

Stephanie John johnste at PILOT.MSU.EDU
Tue Sep 29 07:26:16 EDT 1998

I've searched Netscape's manual and site and various books.  I've posted this question to a couple listservs and newsgroups and haven't gotten an answer.  I've searched the 'net and done everything else I can think of... Can you help?

Our network is Ethernet with category 5 cable, dumb hubs, and an old Netblazer router connected to one ISDN line.  The computer guys want us to shut Netscape when we're not using it because they feel that it ties up the ISDN line for others.

Does Navigator, Communicator or Internet Explorer tie up a shared ISDN when you're NOT pulling in data, and you're NOT using channels or other 'push' technology?  Does it tie up the network in ANY way?

Thanks in advance,
Stephanie
Stephanie C. John, M.Ln., D.M.,A.H.I.P.
Director, Saginaw Health Sciences Library
Saginaw Cooperative Hospitals, Inc.
1000 Houghton Ave., Saginaw MI 48602-5398
Phone: 517/771-6846  johnste at pilot.msu.edu   Fax: 517/771-6898
Library website: www.chm.msu.edu/schilib/welcome.html