[WEB4LIB] image size

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Oct 21 15:51:29 EDT 1998

It looks like an implementation of FlashPix with a server back end that
responds to Javascript in a web page.

Somebody shout me down if I'm too far wrong, but the idea behind the
FlashPix format (which isn't very well supported yet) is that a single
file stores an image at different resolutions, and each resolution is
divided into tiles.  So, given the necessary software, it can provide a
low-resolution thumbnail and let you zoom in and out on different parts of
the image, only transmitting the tile you want at the resolution you want.
I have previously seen this with a plug-in; HP's server apparently lets
you do the same thing with plain vanilla Javascript.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu