Access databases via the web

Eric Nudell emnudell at unm.edu
Mon Oct 19 14:00:09 EDT 1998

We are in the process of setting up a web server that will access several
Access databases. Setting up a kludge using a Linux server with Apache and
a separate NT server for the Access databases is the only way that we can
figure out to set it up. Has anyone found a simpler way to set up a web
server using Access databases? We would like to eliminate the NT server
because of its slowness, lack of security and its tendency to crash when
multiple users access it.

Also, has anyone tried convert their mdb files to dbf and use SQL?

Eric Nudell                        |  If you will not hear Reason,
LIBROS System Administrator        |  she'll surely rap your Knuckles.
General Library                    |
University of New Mexico           |           - Ben Franklin
Albuquerque NM 87131-1466          |
Voice:  (505) 277-5860             |
E-Mail: emnudell at unm.edu           |