[WEB4LIB] Access databases via the web

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Mon Oct 19 15:11:14 EDT 1998

I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I beleive there is perl support for
mdb files or even mysql for mdb.
mysql can be found at :
http://www.tcx.se/

and Perl db at
http://www.cgi-resources.com/Programs_and_Scripts/Perl/Database_Manipulation/

or for all scripts using c, perl, etc go to
http://www.cgi-resources.com/

Others have more experience than I but these are just some resources and you
will probably be hearing about Cold Fusion on this topic too.

Thomas

Eric Nudell wrote:

> We are in the process of setting up a web server that will access several
> Access databases. Setting up a kludge using a Linux server with Apache and
> a separate NT server for the Access databases is the only way that we can
> figure out to set it up. Has anyone found a simpler way to set up a web
> server using Access databases? We would like to eliminate the NT server
> because of its slowness, lack of security and its tendency to crash when
> multiple users access it.
>
> Also, has anyone tried convert their mdb files to dbf and use SQL?

> Eric Nudell                        |  If you will not hear Reason,
> LIBROS System Administrator        |  she'll surely rap your Knuckles.
> General Library                    |
> University of New Mexico           |           - Ben Franklin
> Albuquerque NM 87131-1466          |
> Voice:  (505) 277-5860             |
> E-Mail: emnudell at unm.edu           |

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu                http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/

Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit operating
system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine