[WEB4LIB] RE: E-mail in libraries

Gilles Poitras gpoitras at ggu.edu
Wed Oct 14 16:29:15 EDT 1998

At 1:47 PM -0700 10/13/1998, Thomas Dowling wrote:

>For what it's worth, there is an honorable tradition in the computing
>world of referring to clueless lurker newbie lusers by names that seem
>less than flattering at first.

Very true. Bozo is a well known and respected term in computer circles.
Back in the days when I was on the WELL I used a program literally known as
a Bozo-filter to avoid the postings of a particular annoying fellow.

I suggest anyone interested in technology spend some time looking through
the _New Hackers Dictionary_ published by MIT Press.

Warning do not read this book while drinking beverages unless it is your
own copy and avoid areas where laughter may annoy others.

Gilles Poitras	gpoitras at ggu.edu
Golden Gate University - University Library