Typewriters in libraries

Dianne Harmon dharmon at starbase1.htls.lib.il.us
Wed Oct 14 10:25:05 EDT 1998

I just cannot resist:  We still have a typewriter out for public use.
This past year a disgruntled patron used the typewriter to type a
complaint to the Board to fire certain staff members (guess who was one of
them) as they were denying him access to services.  He used the typewriter
as he'd used up his allowed time on the public computers for that day.

Dianne Harmon					dharmon at htls.lib.il.us
Associate Director				815-740-2660 or
Joliet Public Library				   815-740-2679
150 N. Ottawa					fax 815-740-6161
Joliet IL 60432					www.joliet.lib.il.us