[WEB4LIB] RE: E-mail in libraries

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Tue Oct 13 19:55:34 EDT 1998

At 03:11 PM 10/13/98 -0700, Michael Sauers wrote:
>> how responsible would we be if they used their email accounts to lure
>> young people into dangerous situations? Or email bomb threats to
>> the White House?
>
>Do you allow them access to typewriters?

No.  How many libraries still have typewriters available anyway?  We have
ONE in the building, and it is in the administrative office....for the rare
occasions when typing on a multi-part form is required.

And to play along with your game, maybe we should then remove all paper and
pencils from the library too?  Let's not get tooooo ridiculous at this
stuff....

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
dan at 84.com   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/