[WEB4LIB] Paint Shop Pro Transparent Images

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Thu Oct 8 17:17:43 EDT 1998

I've seen exactly the same thing.  You may want to try Photoline.  I am using
it to redo the library's home page because the letter quality is better than
that of photoshop, or at least with my limited knowledge of its capablility.
The program is very similar to photoshop including the use of layers, plugins,
filters, etc..  The URL for photoline is

http://www.ciebv.com

and then on the other hand you can use photoshop if you want/can go to that
expense, the photoline program is 69.95 I think.  You can download a 30 day
free trial.

Thomas

Kathlyn J Schweyer wrote:

> Fellow Web4Libers:
>
> Has anyone had success an creating transparent images using Paint Shop Pro
> so that the background of the page becomes the background of the image. I
> have set the image to be transparent but when I put it in a web page it
> displays with a white background. As I want my image to be words I can't
> really crop it to get rid of the white. Could the settings on my monitor
> have anything to do with this?? I'd appreciate any and all comments.
> Thanks.
>
> Kitty Schweyer
> kschweyer at gph.com
> Boston, MA

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu                http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/

Voice:  704 262 2797   FAX:    704 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit operating
system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine