Paint Shop Pro Transparent Images--GIF Construction Set

Donald Barclay donaldb at library.tmc.edu
Tue Oct 6 17:14:17 EDT 1998

The easiest thing I've found for transparent images is a piece of shareware
called GIF Construction Set. The webpage is at:

http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gifcon.html

You can also use this software to easily animate GIFs. You can download a
demo version for free and a registered version is, I think, $30.00.

Donald A. Barclay
donaldb at library.tmc.edu
HAM-TMC Library
Houston, Texas

At 02:00 PM 10/6/98 -0700, Kathlyn J Schweyer wrote:
>Fellow Web4Libers:
>
>Has anyone had success an creating transparent images using Paint Shop Pro
>so that the background of the page becomes the background of the image. I
>have set the image to be transparent but when I put it in a web page it
>displays with a white background. As I want my image to be words I can't
>really crop it to get rid of the white. Could the settings on my monitor
>have anything to do with this?? I'd appreciate any and all comments.
>Thanks.
>

>Kitty Schweyer
>kschweyer at gph.com
>Boston, MA

Donald A. Barclay                          always the beautiful answer
Houston Academy of Medicine-               who asks the more beautiful question
Texas Medical Center Library                        --e.e. cummings
donaldb at library.tmc.edu