Screen saver drag

Dean C. Rowan wpl1 at jps.net
Thu Mar 26 03:00:58 EST 1998

Lately, it seems two or three of our Windows 95 machines configured
to use "stock" screen savers have trouble restoring the desktop
display.  When we move the mouse, the desktop appears in patches and the
hard drive spins furiously for several seconds (four?) until the
complete desktop is available.  The Start button, for example,
remains a black spot for most of the time.  This is obviously not a
critical matter, but I'm curious why it might have just begun to
happen on more than one machine.  Using a different screen saver does
not remedy the problem.

Dean C. Rowan
Whittier Public Library