Fwd: NEW: webwomen - Women Web Professionals Discussion List

John M. Morris jmorris at dtx.net
Tue Jun 30 03:07:38 EDT 1998

On Mon, 29 Jun 1998, Byron C. Mayes wrote:

> Well, there *is* still a need for supportive environments for women,
> people of color, and sexual minorities in our various professions,
> particularly those dealing with technology or finance which are largely
> straight white male dominated and have a bit of "old boy network" in the
> culture.

nah, I think R.A.H. had it right way back in 1946 when he wrote the
following (in reference to women in politics, but the same principle
holds):

"... Look ladies  --  don't be a woman politician, or a women's
politician! Be a politician who happens to be female.  You are the equals
of men - remember?  It isn't necessary to go off and form little groups of
your own; stay in the main event and start swinging."

John M.      http://www.dtx.net/~jmorris         This post is 100% M$ Free!
Geek code 3.0:GCS C+++ UL++++$ P+++ L+++ W+ N++ w-- Y+ 5+++ R tv- b++ e* r%