Fwd: NEW: webwomen - Women Web Professionals Discussion List

Marc Davis davis at revelation.unomaha.edu
Tue Jun 30 07:35:55 EDT 1998

OTOH, one of the unique aspects of the web environment has been the growth
of community and affiliation groups that could not otherwise have come
together -- virtual communities for those suffering from particular
diseases, affiliation groups of every hue and stripe.

If the people who join this group derive value from it, IMO, that's fine.
You can probably go out on the net and find a virtual community of just
about any composition you want -- or start one if you feel the need.

I hardly think the creation of a newsgroup, mailing list, website or chat
room constitutes the end of progress or some such thing.  Besides, on the
net, one can choose one's gender. (grin)

My last word, since this seems amazingly off topic for this list.

Marc Davis
davis at revelation.unomaha.edu

> Judy Anderson wrote:
>
> > Webwomen....
> >
> > So much for integration and non-discrimination.  I had hopes that at
> > least the Internet would be past the "women vs. men" issues.  Why
> > webwomen?  I have been involved with web projects for a number of years
> > and find ideas based on experience, not gender.
> >
> > Judy Anderson
> >
> > Bill Jenkins wrote:
> >
> > > Newsgroups:   bit.listserv.new-list
> > > Date:         Tue, 23 Jun 1998 22:04:41 -0500
> > > From: Kari Sable Burns <kari at karisable.com>
> > > Subject:      NEW: webwomen - Women Web Professionals Discussion List
> > > To: NEW-LIST at LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU
> > >
> > > webwomen on majordomo at sweethomes.com
> > >
> > > Webwomen is an e-mail discussion list where women involved in Web
> > > professions network, share technical tips, marketing ideas, resources
> > > and
> > > design. The list style is friendly, casual and supportive.
> > >
> > > To subscribe to Webwomen, send the following command to
> > > majordomo at sweethomes.com in the BODY of e-mail:
> > >
> > >    subscribe webwomen
> > >
> > > Owner:  Susanne Bullo  sweetsue at foxinternet.net
> > >
> > > Publicity:  Kari Sable Burns  kari at karisable.com
> > >
> > > Editor's Warning:  There are other different lists which apparently
> > > have
> > >                    very similar names.
> > >
> > >                                  -------
> > > Use this information at your own risk.  For more information and
> > > disclaimer
> > > send E-mail to LISTSERV at LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU with the command  INFO
> > > NEW-LIST
> > > in the body.  URL: http://LISTSERV.NODAK.EDU/archives/new-list.html

Marc Davis
Manager Building Services | Web Publisher
davis at revelation.unomaha.edu | webpub at revelation.unomaha.edu
University Library, University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE 68182-0237
PHONE (402) 554-3745  FAX (402) 554-3215