Improving ranking

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Jun 19 15:42:59 EDT 1998

Charlotte,

One immediate way to improve your rankings is to reorder your Keyword
MetaTag

<META name="keywords" content="pediatric,health,child,hospital,disease

The first two words should be child and hospital if this is what you think
browsers who are searching for you will start with.  Depending on the
search engine, the more times you mention these two words in the beginning
of the document, the higher your relavancy.

Instead of starting your document with :

Welcome to our Web site! Located in San Diego, California, Children's
Hospital and Health Center ....

Start instead with "Children's Hospital and Health Center, located in San
Diego, ... "
I think the "Welcome" part is unnecessary and can hurt your relavancy.
Try some of those before your start throwing money at it.

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI