Lost taskbar

Stephanie Kraus krauss at crisny.org
Tue Jul 21 09:39:55 EDT 1998

I am at my wits end and I hope that someone out there can help!

With that being said (and good to get off my chest...)
Our public Internet computer has lost the taskbar with start button
etc.  This has happened before and it has magically appeared in a couple
of weeks.  It is not reduced and just needs to be dragged back to normal
size- I have tried this.  When I minimize a program I can see it
disappear into the upper left  hand corner but when I tried to put my
mouse up to that side of the screen to try to "drag" the taskbar out my
mouse would stop at the edge of the screen.  I have tried all the screen
adjustments to see if it hiding but to no avail.  Also under the
settings menu there is no taskbar option just Control panel and
Printers.

Is there anything in the registry that I can tweak to make it come
back?  Any other ideas?  We are running windows 95, Netscape Stand Alone
V4.05, and Fortres (which I suspect might be the culprit?).  All
suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated!

TIA-
Stephanie Kraus
Head of Internet Services
Wm. K. Sanford Town Library