Netscape cache files

C. White daden at rain.org
Tue Jan 20 19:01:08 EST 1998

I would like to hear what other libraries are doing with their Netscape
cache files. There is some feeling in our agency that cache needs to be
emptied frequently and continually. We use Netscape 3 with Windows95 on
Pentium 166 computers with 2G hard drives. We have protected our public
access computers with Full Armor which precludes the public from
accessing the cache files to see what's in them, but some people here
feel that you have to empty cache to enhance performance. Is this an
issue or not?

Is there a problem with setting both the memory cache and the disk cache
to 0? Would you recommend it or not?

Colleen White
Ventura County (CA) Library Services Agency