Bilingual web sites

Judy Levine JLEVINE at ogh.on.ca
Tue Feb 24 15:56:01 EST 1998

Hello,
I am a librarian at the Ottawa General Hospital, and am also
a member of our small web development team.  Our site has
been live for about a year and a half (www.ogh.on.ca), and
since we are also a bilingual (English/French) institution, our
web site is supposed to be bilingual also.  We have run into
some obstacles in actually putting this into practice.

If anyone on this list has any knowledge of, or experience
with a bilingual hospital or health-related site, I would very
much appreciate hearing from her/him. I' d be especially
interested in knowing who creates and maintains the
non-English version, and what policies you have (if any) that
address the bilingualism issue on your web site.

Judy Levine, Librarian
Ottawa General Hospital Library
501 Smyth Road, Ottawa ON   Canada   K1H 8L6
(613) 737-8530   Fax (613) 737-8521
jlevine at ogh.on.ca     http://www.ogh.on.ca