Help on Corporate filtering

Janet Kaul jmk at Synopsys.COM
Tue Feb 24 14:31:06 EST 1998

All right, everyone, I'm hoping for an update on a slightly different
issue. I work for a Silicon Valley corporation that has just installed
filtering software on our intranet, claiming they can be sued for
providing a "hostile work environment" if they do not.

Has anyone else faced this problem in a private enterprise? Certainly,
they have the right, since these are not public terminals. But
has anyone had to handle this?

Also, I'd appreciate any status on current court cases featuring
filtering software in either public or private settings.

Thanks.

-Janet Kaul