[WEB4LIB] G3's and Netscape

Diane K. Kovacs diane at kovacs.com
Wed Dec 16 12:35:27 EST 1998

Hi Jennifer,
I'm using G3 with Netscape 4.5 when I go to your
http://www2.statelib.lib.in.us/ page and click on "guest" (which has an
underlying link of http://www2.statelib.lib.in.us/web2/tramp2.exe/log_in) I
got in just fine.  Perhaps the program needs the login information in order
to work properly? (guessing)

When I input your URL http://www2.statelib.lib.in.us/web2/tramp2.exe/log_in
directly into the location box I get the following error message:

"Due to a configuration or browser problem DRA Web is unable to find HTML
files.
Please report this to your site administrator."

Looks like a DRA Web incompatibility or something?  I backed up the URL to
http://www2.statelib.lib.in.us/web2/tramp2.exe/

and got:

"Could not generate command object from URL.
state[cmd] is:
Please notify the Web site administrator."

I don't know why clicking on your "guest" button worked but the direct URL
doesn't.  I guess I'd present the problem to both DRA and Netscape imho.

Happy Holidays

Di

Diane K. Kovacs                                	| http://www.kovacs.com
Kovacs Consulting -                          	| fax: (330)225-0083
Specializing in Instructor-Led			| phone: (330)273-5032
Web-Based Training
http://www.kovacs.com/online.html
7th Ed.Print/13th Revision Online _Directory of Scholarly and Professional
E-Conferences_
http://www.arl.org/scomm/edir/index.html
 _The Internet Trainer's Total Solution Guide_
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471288322/002-1693589-5325203
_Cybrarians Guide to Successful Internet Programs and Services_
http://www.neal-schuman.com
(forthcoming?) _Health and Medicine on the Internet_
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1882208277/002-2591380-2197814