Search engine words

Filtering Facts David_Burt at filteringfacts.org
Fri Sep 26 21:12:03 EDT 1997

I did another search in AltaVista for "bondage".  I scanned the first 100
hits.  92 were explicit porn sites, like these first five hits:

        1. BEWARE - STAY AWAY - Leather, sex, bondage, BDSM, BDSM sex bondage
        domination Rated a Top Fetish Site by "The Web" Magazine. Awarded
"ZZZ Top's         Hard on Medallion"
        Featured on HBO's "SexBytes." Check out the review! ENTER DUNGEON....
        http://www.cyberdevinc.com/ - size 29K - 10-Mar-97

        2. Bondage
        Wega. Category Stars Studios Titles. Order. Bondage. Conflict, The
(The                Abduction Series -- Part II) © Copyright 1996 Wega
Video., All Rights...
        http://www.wegavideo.com/categories/Bondage.html - size 980 bytes -
21-May-97 -

        3. Animal Fetish Bondage Teenage SM Piercing Amateurs Bizarre
        You Want Some HOT SEX? Click Here.
        http://home.pi.net/~johnlamb/ero.htm - size 728 bytes - 16-Apr-97 -
English

        4. Pink Link Classifieds: Bondage & Discipline, Sado-Masochism
        Pink Link Classifieds: Bondage & Discipline, Sado-Masochism. 24th
Dec : ISO            silk covered slave(s) 24th Dec : Montreal toilet boy
seeking... 24th Dec :...
        http://rabbit.com.au/cgi-bin/Classifieds/rBDSM - size 4K - 21-May-97
- English

        5. BONDAGE GALORE!
        Welcome to Pussy Galore the Internets best adult entertainment
centre. Take the         tour and enjoy our erotic services.
        http://pussy-galore.net/bond.htm - size 3K - 28-Apr-97 - English

There were 8 non-porn sites:

        6. Re: Nancy Drew, bondage, sex, and politics...
        Re: Nancy Drew, bondage, sex, and politics... [ Follow Ups ] [ Post
Followup ]         [ I Remember Nancy Drew ] Posted by Bob Nielsen on July
27, 1996 at...
        http://www.awb.com/messages/640.html - size 4K - 14-Sep-96 - English

        10. Freedom of religion = bondage of flesh
        http://muu.lib.hel.fi/mediafilter/ww3/frbf8.html - size 367 bytes -
25-Oct-95

        16. Re: Sexual Bondage
        Re: Sexual Bondage. [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Prayer
Center, The              Christian Network ] Posted by Patty Smith on
September 19, 1996 at 21:58:43:
In..http://www.christiannetwork.com/wwwboard/messages/21.html - size 4K -

        38. Bar Mitzvah Boys In Bondage
        Bar Mitzvah Boys In Bondage. The coming of age of a boy is his entry
into              manhood and its attendant privileges and responsibilities.
It is associated            http://www.netprophet.co.nz/uncleal/mitzvah.htm
- size 6K - 20-Jan-97 - English

        45. My Bondage and My Freedom, Chapter04
        Chapter IV. A General Survey of the Slave Plantation. It is
generally supposed         that slavery, in the state of Maryland, exists in
its mildest form, and...
        http://www.teachersoft.com/Library/nonfict/biog/douglass/chapt04.htm
- size 29K

        83. Freedom of religion = bondage of flesh
        http://muu.lib.hel.fi/mediafilter/ww3/frbf2.html - size 307 bytes -
25-Oct-95

        97. Sweet bondage- by jonathan itchon
        Sweet Bondage. By Jonathan Itchon. The words, they drift away, And
the places          pass by slow, All eyes have fallen sleepily As he
mentions my name. In the...
        http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~haibachi/Forklift/fiction/joni6.h
tml - size

        100. No Need To Be In Bondage
        No Need To Be In Bondage. Scripture Reference: Exodus 5:1 - 6:8. "He
hath given         meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of
his...
        http://www.tallahassee.net/~fci/law/02exo/600724.html - size 3K -
22-May-97 -

92% is pretty overwhelming, anyway.  And lets not forget that innocent
wording works both ways, either.  Take for example, 8-year-old Brittany who
wants to find out what to ask Santa for Christmas.  She goes to her public
library terminal and enters "girls toys" in AltaVista.  Among the first page
of hits are:

        3. Girls With Toys! 1000's Of FREE Sex Pics! Free Adults Only
Website! X-Rated!         Horny Girls Who Love To Play With Sex Toys! Lots
Of Erotic Sex Pictures Of             Girls With Vibrators For Downloading!
        http://www.hotsexzone.com/puss/pu/toys.htm - size 7K - 3-Mar-97 -
English

        4. Girls With Toys...Having Hot Live Sex! XXX Live Video
Teleconferencing
        adults only xxx live video sex
        http://www.girlswithtoys.com/ - size 4K - 29-Jan-97 - English

        6. Girls Gadgets -- Toys for Girls - Personal Penile Attachments -
Product             Listing Category: Personal Penile Attachments. SECURE
CREDIT CARDS TRANSACTIONS
        HERE! If you don't find the product you are looking for email Us. We
carry             http://www.sexkitchen.com/gadgets/ipro.ppa.htm - size 2K -
26-Apr-97 - English

        7. Girls and Toys
        Barely legal teen's giving you the best XXX action around. See these
young             nympho's get it on with all kinds of men!
        http://www.avidsex.com/warn12.html - size 6K - 25-May-97 - English

David Burt, Filtering Facts, HTTP://WWW.FILTERINGFACTS.ORG
David_Burt at filteringfacts.org