Netscape Communicator, sans email?

Mary-Elise Haug meh at hobbes.dtcc.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:14:29 EDT 1997

We're running a version of Netscape w/o mail at one of our sites.  It also
comes sans newsgroup access and chat client.  I didn't download it, but am
under the impression it comes as a separate file.

There is no way to configure mail to work from preferences or elsewhere in
netscape.  I'm sure another pop client could be download if the machine
isn't locked down.

Mary-Elise Haug

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, KAREN SCHNEIDER wrote:

> I have a message somewhere which *mentions* that Netscape
> Communicator can be downloaded with only some of its
> components active.  What I am getting at is a browser that does
> not offer the email option, among other thinigs.
>
> Is this possible  ?  (I'm at work, and my computer here stalls on the
> Microsoft webpage)
>
> Can I assume you would still need third-party tools to lock down
> Netscape and the workstation it is on to prevent the user from
> downloading a popmail client?
>
> Karen G. Schneider/schneider.karen at epamail.epa.gov
> Contractor, GCI/Director, US EPA Region 2 Library
> http://www.epa.gov/Region2/library/

Mary-Elise Haug
Delaware Technical & Community College
meh at hobbes.dtcc.edu
(302) 739-6188 (phone)		(302) 739-6822 (fax)