Directory Sites? Thanks!!!

Jennifer Sarber jsarber at statelib.lib.in.us
Thu Sep 11 10:18:45 EDT 1997

> Greetings everyone:
>
> We have a website for children's librarians on an Apple webserver.  The
> correct address is:
> http://www.statelib.lib.in.us/www/ldo/childrens/index.htm.  The problem
> is someone published the address as:
> http://www.statelib.lib.in.us/www/ldo/childrens/  and forgot the file
> name index.htm.
>
> So in my efforts to help find a solution I would like to change the
> childrens/ from a file folder to a directory with a default document as
> index/htm.  Is that even possible, am I saying anything that is even
> sensible?
>
> I have tried to make the childrens/ its own document but it would not
> work.

THANK YOU ALL:

I wish to thank everybody who gave me advice about the directory site
file name.  With the advice from Thomas Dowling, I did get it figured
out and fixed.

I did have to change the file name from index.htm to the same name as
the default on my server.  One important thing that I learned is that
the default name on the server can be any name you choose to give it.

I learn a lot from this list.

Sincerely,
Jennifer
--