Filtering Objectives

Filtering Facts David_Burt at filteringfacts.org
Thu Oct 23 00:27:23 EDT 1997

>Andrew Mutch wrote:
>
>Would Mr. Burt or any other member of Filtering Facts care to define for
>the rest of us what is considered "pornography" in simple,
>easy-to-understand terms so that when evaluating filtering software, we
>can determine how effectively it blocks "pornography".
>
>Andrew Mutch

I wrote out a long response, but as I moved my finger to press the "send"
button, I just couldn't do it.  I was haunted by a vision.  A vision of
3,000 librarians sitting at their workstations opening their e-mail and
thinking "No, please, not again!"   And I just couldn't do it.

You can always find folks on both sides of the issue willing to split just
about any philisophical hair related to filtering on FILT4LIB, though, and
nobody ever gets tired of it, including me.

David Burt, Filtering Facts, HTTP://WWW.FILTERINGFACTS.ORG
David_Burt at filteringfacts.org