Filtering Objectives

Dan Lester dan at 84.com
Thu Oct 23 02:03:42 EDT 1997

At 10:05 PM 10/22/97 -0700, Filtering Facts wrote:
>I wrote out a long response, but as I moved my finger to press the "send"
>button, I just couldn't do it.  I was haunted by a vision.  A vision of
>3,000 librarians sitting at their workstations opening their e-mail and
>thinking "No, please, not again!"   And I just couldn't do it.

Thank you.  And I'll agree that discussion shouldn't be here.

>You can always find folks on both sides of the issue willing to split just
>about any philisophical hair related to filtering on FILT4LIB, though, and
>nobody ever gets tired of it, including me.

I figured as much.  o-)

>David Burt, Filtering Facts, HTTP://WWW.FILTERINGFACTS.ORG
>David_Burt at filteringfacts.org

A month or two ago you said you'd let us know how the above is financed.
Is it personal?  Are there donations from an organization?  a church?  a
political party or group?  I still haven't seen an answer, publicly or
privately, and I'd still like to be able to take your word on this....but
answering it would give some of us more cause to believe in you and your
cause....or even your basic truthfulness.

This is said in all seriousness of purpose, and is not said to start a
debate.  Why don't you just please answer the question?

thanks

dan

Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho 83716-7115 USA
dan at 84.com     http://www.84.com/  http://www.lili.org/
http://library.idbsu.edu/
Have you sent me a postcard of a library yet?  You'll get something nice in
return.
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.  Erasmus, 1534