Matching search engine/tools with a type of library

Joe Barker jbarker at library.berkeley.edu
Thu May 29 10:53:19 EDT 1997

I agree that Dogpile is good for a meta-search engine.  But there are
times when one needs phrase searching, truncation, booleans, or other
features that meta-search engines cannot pass through to all the places
they search.  They're great for a specific name, organization, product
with a distinctive name.
Joe Barker, Teaching Library, UC Berkeley
jbarker at library.berkeley.edu