E-mail in libraries

Jim Hurd jhurd at indiana.edu
Wed May 28 15:06:30 EDT 1997

On Wed, 28 May 1997, Burt, David wrote:

:That's a very thought provoking suggestion, Jim. Could you elaborate
:some more on what "Communications and information are becoming
:increasingly inseparable" means, and give some specific examples, and
:how they relate to libraries?

	I'm running short on time but will respond, ASAP.

:Also, you seem to be suggesting that it is OK for our  missions to
:change de facto, in response to changing technology, without conscious
:choice by librarians.  Do you really believe this?

	Missions will change in response to technological changes.  Better
that the changes be consciously addressed, rather than responded to, in a
piecemeal, reactive manner.

:
:          David Burt, Information Technology Librarian
:          The Lake Oswego Public Library
:          706 Fourth Street, Lake Oswego, OR 97034
:          URL:          http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/library/library.htm
:          Phone:     (503) 675-2537
:          Fax:           (503) 635-4171
:          E-mail:      dburt at ci.oswego.or.us
:
: