e-mail in libraries

Ronnie Morgan rmorgan at Harding.edu
Wed May 28 14:51:16 EDT 1997

If our library was the ONLY place on campus where internet/email was
available, I would be more likely to go along with providing email.  But
since we have a limited number of PC's (only 4 at this time) available with
Internet access, and since the University has 3 other labs with about 30
PC's in each, I can not justify allowing email access from within the
library.

Plus, the few people who know about Hotmail have ignored the no email rule,
and do it anyway.  And as I recall, none were trying to contact someone for
research purposes.  Unless, of course, you consider "Hi mom, everything is
okay here..." as being research...  ;)

It is true that someone MAY do research via email, but in reality, only the
hard-core researchers will use email for research purposes.  And any
hard-core researcher will most likely have thier own PC and thier own
Internet account.

Ronnie