Hotmail in libraries

Tony Morine tonym at csl.northland.ac.nz
Wed May 28 00:25:01 EDT 1997

> Cheryl Bell wrote:
>
> >Has anyone thought about or have "Hotmail" available from their Library
> >webpage?  We have had several inquiries about email availability at our
> >library and I just heard about this free email service (which is
> >available from the web, not dialing a number).  What do you all think?

Northland Polytechnic Library has been directing students to Hotmail. We
have had Internet connectivity available to students for only about
three months now. Hotmail was considered at the outset as an option to
resolve problems for students because it is free and readily available
to anyone anywhere with an Internet connection. We have found it to be
very good especially for those who cannot afford the technology to
support e.mail services.ie, almost every student around. It gets a lot
of use and students are extremely happy with the service.

Tony Morine
Information Services Librarian
Northland Polytechnic
Private Bag 9019