"loaded" searches

Gretchen McCord Hoffmann GMHoffmann at UH.EDU
Thu May 22 18:14:44 EDT 1997

I just recently re-subscribed to web4lib and missed the discussion
earlier this month about Cyberverse "loading" their metatags with
"internal revenue service," but a colleague passed it on to me.  As most
of you have probably discovered, the sites retrieved on Cyberverse are
sex sites.  Does anyone know of a good example of the same problem that
is more appropriate to a classroom demonstration?!

Thanks,
Gretchen

     Gretchen McCord Hoffmann          I want to be thoroughly used up
Coordinator of Library Instruction     when I die...Life is no "brief
 University of Houston Libraries       candle" to me.  It is a sort of
       gmhoffmann at uh.edu               splendid torch which I have got
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%    hold of for the moment, and I want
 All opinions and ideas expressed      to make it burn as brightly as
   above are products of my own        possible before handing it on to
    bizarre thought processes.         future generations.