SUMMARY:(LONG) Web enabled databases

Steve Peace speace at cybernautics.com
Mon May 5 13:58:21 EDT 1997

>"I am trying to come up with pricing/implementation recommendations for a
>joint project that will create an online, dynamically served image archive,
>driven by commercial database software.  I've been searching every bit of
>Unix-web server database integration that I can deal with ..."

Here's another one for the resource list.  SGI has released a new media
streaming server software package, WebFORCE MediaBase 2.0.  Run off of an
SGI server, the program allows you to capture audio or video from any
source, encode it into just about any format, then stream it out live or
archive the data for later use.  A relational database is embedded into the
program and is accessible from the client or server side via a Web
interface to manage content.

If anyone wants more info, feel free to contact me.

Here's the URL for the product description site:
http://www.sgi.com/Products/WebFORCE/Products/Mediabase/

Regards,
Steve

Steve Peace