Audio and video software

Steve Peace speace at cybernautics.com
Mon May 5 14:21:47 EDT 1997

Network Computing does a great job of breaking down all of the media
streaming products on the market.  They have a review article that gives a
detailed look at what's out there.  Here's the URL:
http://techweb.cmp.com/nc/716/716f1.html

Basically, everyone is drooling over SGI's WebFORCE MediaBase 2.0.
According to the reviews, it's got everything that all the other products
have and much more (cross-platform, open client api, encoding in any format
you want, a relational database accessible from client or server side,
multicasting or one-to-one, capture and broadcast on the fly, etc.).
Here's the URL for their product description site.
http://www.sgi.com/Products/WebFORCE/Products/Mediabase/

Please feel free to contact me if anyone would like more information.

Best,
Steve

>Could anyone recommend a source for a  good review of audio and video
>software for the internet and/or intranets?
>--
>Katalin (Kathy) Coorsh

Steve Peace
speace at cybernautics.com