lib4web

James Cayz cayz at lib.de.us
Fri Mar 14 16:37:48 EST 1997

Toni,

	I don't know about how the .fi domain is split up,  but, it is
an official (somewhat followed) RFC (1490?) that reserves a whole
sub-domain just for libraries in the US.  That is to say,
*.lib.{state-abbreviation}.us is reserved for libraries.  So, this is
reserved already for US libraries.

	Now, does this apply to *.fi or *.{any-country-digraph} ?  I
don't know.  But, it might.  And might be worth checking into.

	If we have / get *.lib, how would we go about sub-dividing it?
Certainly, there would be some name duplication, and probably use
locality to help resolve the problem, so, we would be back to where we
already are (at least in *.US).

	Just my random thoughts,
	James

[ James Cayz # cayz at lib.de.us # Del-AWARE homepage: http://www.lib.de.us   ]
[ Network Processing Administrator #  302-739-4748 x130 # Fax 302-739-6948 ]
[ Delaware Division of Libraries # 43 S. DuPont Hwy / Dover, DE 19901-7430 ]