Netscape Global History

Christine Smith cbsmith at hypervigilance.com
Wed Mar 12 10:48:26 EST 1997

I've found "emptying" the cache is not always effective.
You should DELETE the whole directory in Explorer or file
manager -- don't worry a new directory is formed when you
restart Navigator.
Furthermore, to get rid of the history, you must also
delete the file netscape.HST in your Navigator directory
(the same directory the cache subdirectory is in--and
again, this file will reform automatically when you
restart NN, but it will be empty!).
The file somone else mentioned earlier:
C:\Program Files\Netscape\Navigator\Live3D\Data\globhist.flr
is a filter file for 3D data only, not the record of every
site you visited.  That's in the netscape.HST file I
mentioned above.

Christine
Have you filled out my webmaster survey yet?
http://www.hypervigilance.com/wpp/

Christine B. Smith --  USC Annenberg PhD Candidate
cbsmith at hypervigilance.com, cbsmith at usc.edu