selecting a search engine for a library web site

Jacques Presseault jacques at olsn.on.ca
Tue Jun 24 13:09:58 EDT 1997

Elizabeth L. Blakely wrote:

> I am leading efforts to select a new engine for our organizations web
> site.  JEFFLINE [URL:jeffline.tju.edu] currently uses WAIS.  I have
> checked the Web4Lib archives and found little on selecting a search
> engine, most of the materials I found were evaluating search engines such
> as LYCOS, InfoSeek, etc.
>
> I have a found a few good articles via an online search but would
> appreciate any help (first-hand experience or good web or print resources.
>
> Thank you

>  Elizabeth Linck Blakely, MILS            | blakely1 at jeflin.tju.edu
>  Information Services Librarian           | 215/503-7676
>  Academic Information Services & Research | 1020 Walnut St., Phila. PA 19107
>  Thomas Jefferson University              | http://oac1.oac.tju.edu/~blakely1/

This Web Search Site offers the most popular  Web Search Engines - all
with easy to use fill-out-forms.

Or... if your needs are more specific, you'll certainly find what you
require here. Over 800 fully specialized search engines within 45
categories are waiting to assist  you, no matter what you're looking
for.

http://www.dreamscape.com/frankvad/search.html
Jacques Presseault		jacques at olsn.on.ca
Ontario Library Service - North (Sudbury)
http://www.library.on.ca/index.html
Tel.:	(705) 675-6433	Fax:	(705) 671-2441