Make listserv archives searchable on web? -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Thu Jun 5 18:37:41 EDT 1997

I'm not going to swear to it, but I think you'll find that
LISTSERV(R) 1.8c on Unix already handles the archives into
a web format.  I believe that it will also do it for old archives
you've moved from mainframe to Unix, or already have on
unix.  I'd first check http://www.lsoft.com/, since they produce
it and have tons of info there.  If no luck, check on lstown-l,
where the list owners and other listserv junkies hang out.
There has been much discussion about it.

But since we're still running lists on a mainframe in 1.8b, and
still have hopes of moving it to some new u**x box later this
year, I've not kept up.  Listowners here were promised the
same thing last year, too.

cyclops, the ancient cynic, who hopes to meet many of you
at ALA in San Fran

Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
Boise State University Library, Boise, Idaho, 83725 USA
voice: 208-385-1235   fax:  208-385-1394
dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu     OR    alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Cyclops' Internet Toolbox:    http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
"How can one fool make another wise?"   Kansas, 1979.