Web Management Tools

Alix Hayden ahayden at acs.ucalgary.ca
Mon Jun 2 14:04:07 EDT 1997

I have some questions about how people are developing their
websites and, most importantly, if people are using site
management software for managing and maintaining their websites.

Specifically:

Are any libraries using a web development and site management
application such as FrontPage 97 for their websites?

Are most people coding HTML from scratch or are you using a HTML
editor program?

I have just purchased FrontPage 97 for developing and managing my
websites for my subject liaison areas.  I would be very
interested in learning if other libraries have used such programs
on a larger scale (i.e. the whole Library website).

Thanks in advance.

Alix
* K. Alix Hayden, MLIS MSc                *    (403)220-3752            *
* Subject Liaison Librarian               *    ahayden at acs.ucalgary.ca  *
* Anthropology, Archaeology, Social Work  *                             *
* Library Research Services               *                             *
* MacKimmie Library                       *                             *
* University of Calgary                   *                             *
* Calgary, Alberta                        *                             *