Winshield for Windows 95

lerczak at juno.com lerczak at juno.com
Tue Jul 22 15:36:08 EDT 1997

Hello! I have lurked for a while on this list, now I hope you can help me
out...

We have two public access Internet computers (a Gateway and a Compaq)
both running Windows 95. We purchased Winshield and installed it on both
computers. The Gateway locks up whenever you try to reboot it from
Winshield. So we have had to reboot using the Shutdown option from the
Start button.

On both computers, usually, after turning Winshield off and rebooting,
our default setting aren't all restored, notably, we don't get desktop
icons or the Control Panel option from the Start menu. However, maybe
every third or fourth time we reboot, these items are restored. We have
tinkered and I have written to Citadel but if any other library out there
is dealing with Winshield, I'd appreciate the help!

TIA!

	Nicki Lerczak

Reference/Internet Librarian  | Olean Public Library
lerczak at juno.com                   | 134 N. Second St.
home.eznet.net/~opublicl       | Olean, NY 14760
"Eating kittens, is just plain wrong"