Cyber Sitter

Kristi Grayson bookbound at rocketmail.com
Sat Jul 5 18:11:05 EDT 1997

Hi Everybody =)

	This is my first post but I'm not even sure if it is on topic
for web4lib since filt4lib has been created.  Anyway I'll get to the
point.

	I started out trying to put some information together about
Cyber Patrol, Surfwatch and Cyber Sitter, and I found some information
from librarians that were using Cyber Patrol (even though I couldn't
get an answer from the Austin Public Library) and one that was using
Surfwatch, but none that was using Cyber Sitter.  I went to The
Internet Filter Assessment Project at http://www.bluehighways.com/tifap
but they didn't have any information about Cyber Sitter other than
the listing of all the products.  And there is the C-Net review of
the different programs at
http://www.cnet.com/Content/Reviews/Compare/Safesurf/ but that is
kind of out of date.

	Now the only version available from the Cyber Sitter web site
is the newest Cyber Sitter 97, and I figured that it was so new that
it hasn't really been tested long-term in a library environment.  So
I wanted to know how the older version measures up, but I don't know
how to get it now, and since there apparently aren't a lot of libraries
using it, I was wondering if anybody had downloaded Cyber Sitter just
to _test_ it while they were trying to decide on a filter.

	Yes, I've read all the bad stuff about Cyber Sitter but none
of those pages really say anything about how well it actually works,
just complaining about what it does, so please let me know if you can
help me with something more constructive. =)

	Thanks! =)

Kristi Grayson  -------------------------  bookbound at rocketmail.com