How are Librarians Using the Internet?

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 21 10:48:06 EST 1997

Posted on behalf of Diane Kovacs.
Roy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 20:20:14 -0500
From: Kovacs Consulting <diane at kovacs.com>

Dear Colleague:

Thank you very much for reading this message and considering participation
in our project.

We are surveying the extent and specific ways in which librarians (defined
broadly as anyone working in that capacity and not necessarily requiring an
MLS) are using the Internet:  World Wide Web, gopher and discussion lists,
etc. to do their jobs.  This study is a follow-up to a study done in the
Spring 1992 which explored participation on e-mail conferences and
questioned how e-mail conferences were fulfilling information needs and
whether they are in fact replacing or enhancing  traditional information
sources.

Please connect to http://www.kovacs.com/weblibsurvey.html

Please answer the questions on our survey.  If you do not have Web access
or if you only have Lynx access, please contact me for a copy of the survey
that you can fill out and return via e-mail or fax.

Thank you,

Diane K. Kovacs, Predident, Kovacs Consulting
<diane at kovacs.com>

Don Kraft, Editor-in-Chief, JASIS: Journal of the American Society for
Information Science
<kraft at bit.csc.lsu.edu>

Karen Schneider, Director, US EPA Region 2 Library
<kgs at bluehighways.com>