New NetLinkS Site

Sarah J. Ashton S.J.Ashton at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Jan 21 11:18:42 EST 1997

 Apologies for cross-posting.

 ***ANNOUNCING THE NEW NETLINKS WEBSITE***

 Hello everyone,

 We are pleased to announce that the NetLinkS web pages are
 now available on the project's own server.  The URL for the new site
 is:

 http://netways.shef.ac.uk/netlinks.htm

 Based in the Department of Information Studies, at
 the University of Sheffield, the NetLinkS project aims to encourage
 the development of networked learner support (NLS) by providing
 awareness-raising and professional development activities and
 resources.  NetLinkS is a Training and Awareness project supported
 by the Joint Information Systems Committee of the Higher Education
 Funding Council of England, as part of its Electronic Libraries
 programme.

 Previous web pages have been redesigned to accompany
 this move, and a number of additions have been made to the
 resources found on the site.  The site is now grouped into four key
 areas:  About NetLinkS,  Resource Base, Online Course, and
 Discussion Area.

 Briefly, in each area you will currently find:
 -*- About NetLinkS:  Project documentation;  Annual
 Report;  contact details;  an overview of project developments and
 future plans.

 -*- Resource Base:  Current Practice Case Base (you will
  see that there are a number of new additions to the Case
 Base, including several new case descriptions);  journal articles
 and papers produced by the NetLinkS team.  Three new additions in
 this section are conferences and events relating to NLS;  eLib
 Projects complementing NLS, and mailing lists related to NLS.

 -*- Online Course:  This new section is under construction, but will
 provide an access point to an online professional development
 course.

 -*- Discussion Area:  NLS-forum;  archive of NLS-forum
 guest speaker conferences.  A new addition to this section is the
 Who's Who on NLS-forum, a database of contact details for forum
 members.

 We very much hope that you like the new look site.  We are
 always keen to hear from you, so please do send us your
 comments, criticism, or suggestions.  We look forward to hearing
 from you!

 Best wishes
 Sarah

"Two purple-fingered hands grasped the edge of the desk,
and the Librarian's face rose slowly into view like an
early-morning coconut. 'Ook,' he said." Terry Pratchett.
Sarah Ashton
NetLinkS Research Associate and Information Officer
Dept of Information Studies, University of Sheffield
Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN
S.J.Ashton at sheffield.ac.uk
Tel.(0114) 222 2657, Fax.(0114) 278 0300