Public Access Macintosh

Jennifer Sarber jsarber at statelib.lib.in.us
Tue Jan 21 10:15:13 EST 1997

>Hello:
>We are setting up a Mac IIvx and a PowerPc for public access workstations in
>our Library.
>Please, anybody know any kind of kiosk software or trick in order to limit
>the users access to specific programs (bibliographic search software, web
>browser...).
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Un saludo desde Espa=F1a
>

>| Domingo Arroyo Fernandez
>| CSIC - Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia
>| Biblioteca y Documentacion
>| Campus Universidad Autonoma. Cantoblanco.
>| 28049 Madrid (Spain)
>| Tel:(+34-1) 585 45 11 Fax:(+34-1) 585 45 06
>| Buzon-e: darroyo at samba.cnb.uam.es
>| http://www.cnb.uam.es/~biblio

HELLO:

We use a few programs to limit access of the computer software and system.

1. MacAdministrator (this is a hard program to work with, it is from England)
2. SurfWatch (limits Netscape)

If you would like more information on these please let me know.  I will
have to talk with my co-worker who monitors these programs.   However I
know that my co-worker does not recommend MacAdministrator.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

Jennifer L. Sarber
Management Information Services