Public Access Macintosh

Bill Jenkins wcj1 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 21 10:08:56 EST 1997

At 05:17 AM 1/21/97 -0800, Domingo Arroyo wrote:
>We are setting up a Mac IIvx and a PowerPc for public access workstations in
>our Library.
>Please, anybody know any kind of kiosk software or trick in order to limit
>the users access to specific programs (bibliographic search software, web
>browser...).

Apple sells a product called At Ease. You can find it for about $30 in the
USA. Since it is made by Apple, it fits in well with the Mac OS and
generally works flawlessly. (Especially if you are doing something simple
like a kiosk.) You should be able to find it anywhere that sells Mac software.

BillJ
~~~~~
Bill Jenkins     wcj1 at cornell.edu
Catherwood Library, School of Industrial & Labor Relations