Workstation Monitoring Statistics

David P Atkins notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Tue Jan 14 13:09:58 EST 1997

> "Direct Access" (Both DOS and Windows are availible) by Symantics fit the
> job perfectly.  It allows time tracking of each application used, and has
> great security features; users must login, users cannot exit to a DOS
> prompt, etc.  It is essentially a secure menuing system with quite
> extensive tracking ability.

Symantec no longer supports Direct Access & I couldn't talk them into
selling us a copy even when I dangled a PO in front of them.  You may find
copies from regional software sellers but best of luck.  I could find any
sellers (regional or on WWW) & we're settling for another product that
doesn't work nearly as well as Direct Access (no workstation monitoring
stats.)

Good luck.
David

David P. Atkins
Electronic Reference Services Librarian
Middleton Library                    email:  notdpa at unix1.sncc.lsu.edu
Louisiana State University                     voice:   (504) 388-6823
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-3300                      fax:    (504) 388-6825